CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Glad to Meet ya Elijah!!!

In this post we're going to meet Elijah. We'll find out a little bit about him by way of intro and then we'll be off and running on our summer study session for CYC. SSS for CYC if you will ~~ hey I think I like that ~~ Okay anyway.



So a little background on Elijah. He was a prophet in the northern kingdom during the reigns of Ahab and his son Ahaziah. His name means "The LORD is my God", representing the unshakable conviction of the life Elijah led. Elijah's life was centered on God and the conflict between the worship of the Lord and the worship of Baal. Elijah's mission was to help the Israelites find their way back to the God of Israel. Elijah sought to reestablish the covenant.



We're going to find in this study some very practical ways to serve and honor God with our lives. Elijah stood, but it certainly wasn't always easy. He faced many obstacles and opposition, but he was faithful.

I'm really looking forward to our summer together. I plan on posting 3 times a week, Monday (this is Monday's post for this week although it's Tuesday when I'm posting and Sunday when I started this post, hence the tag:), Wednesday and Fridays.

So for tomorrow we'll be looking at I Kings 17:1-6 where we'll look at the service of Elijah and the provision of God. So until then. . .

Have a GREAT Tuesday!!
In Christ alone,

Dawn

0 comments: