CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In the Secret. . .In the Quiet. . .

Psalm 131:2 "But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me."

Since we have been talking about testimonies, I'd like to interject another thought. Testimonies are brought forth out of the experiences we've had with God. When God gives us a testimony it is because He has done something for us. We heard testimonies Friday on salvation, the beginning of our lives in Christ, but we also heard a testimony about how God was using Jabez to further build relationship with Him, because of time spent learning more about the Savior. That is what this post is about; spending time with the Savior.

Growing and walking with God takes discipline, but it also takes sacrifice. In a lot of instances that sacrifice involves time. We have our day planned out, we go here and there doing, most of the time, what we "need"/want to get done, but have we considered God in our day?

For a very long time I struggled with the issue of prayer. I know that probably seems odd, but it was just hard for me to quiet myself down. There were constant to-do lists in my head, there was also this feeling of inferiority constantly on me, and then there was just me - my flesh wanting to do other things. But in more recent times, prayer has become key to hearing from God and living a victorious life in Him. I certainly do not always get it right, but when I pray God helps me. He helps me be the child of His, He created in His image to fulfill the unique plan that only He could have designed for my life.

I want to encourage you today to take time alone with God. Get somewhere that is quiet, without any distractions and just still yourself before Him for a few minutes. And then just begin to praise Him and let your prayers flow from the place of peace and security that you find in moments with your Savior.

In Christ alone,

Dawn

0 comments: